I don't know why but I always find photos of people's desks and closets fascinating. So when one of my favorite bloggers, Carly Heitlinger of College Prep recently posted photos of her desk as well as the desks of her friends, I was inspired to do the same.
As you can see, there really isn't much too my desk. Perhaps this is inspired after one of my favorite episodes of Absolutely Fabulous in which Edina frantically tries to clean house before her decadent Buddhist minimalist (yep, that's a thing) friends arrive. I have been known to frantically clean while rambling in a British accent " Where are my surfaces, darling? ... "I don't want *things* on *places*."
So, as for my workspace you will notice the following:
- MacBook Pro - we've been together for a year and I love her just as much as when we first met
- Glowing Green Smoothie - you should know all about those now!
- GWU mug - sometimes with coffee, sometimes with lemon water
- Edward Gorey Christmas Cards - I'm lukewarm at best about the holidays and Edward Gorey just gets me. If you've never heard of him, check out this book that my Grandmother sent me
- Back issues of magazines to inspire blogging - perhaps something on Jamie Dimon? Yum.
- And on my windowsill you will see binoculars and opera glasses. I like to keep my espionage classy